Hinsdale South High School
Students from the communities of Burr Ridge, Darien, Willowbrook and the adjoining communities attend Hinsdale South. Nearly 1,900 students, with about 460 seniors, were enrolled for the 2010 school year. Hinsdale South is a member of the North Central Association, the College Board and NACAC/IACAC.
- Fax: 630-920-8649
- Hours: Office: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 4pm. Classes: 8am - 3pm. Summer office hours: Mon - Thu, 7:30am - 3:30pm; Fri, 7:30am - 11am.
- Handicap Accessible: There are ramps on the north and west sides of the building, and designated parking spots.
- Number of students: 1,850
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Graduation rate (%): 93.4
- Accreditation/licenses: North Central Association, the College Board, NACAC, IACAC
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 164
- What makes this community special?: "Our diversity -- both ethnically and socioeconomically. I like to tell kids we're kind of a slice of the real world." -- Brian Waterman, principal of Hinsdale South
- Grade levels: 9 - 12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: 19
- Extracurricular activities available: Hinsdale South offers a variety of academic and arts clubs, ranging from foreign language to investment to drama clubs. Students can get involved in the school's radio station, WHSD, and newspaper, The Stinger. Check the website for the complete list.
- Student clubs: SADD, student council, photography, guitar, and plenty others. Check the website for the complete list.
- Sports teams: There are 29, including varsity and JV boys' and girls' teams. Go Hornets!