The National Weather Service's wind chill warning remains in effect until noon Tuesday, with "dangerously cold and potentially life threatening" wind chills of -35 degrees to -45 degrees expected.
"These forecast wind chills are the lowest in nearly 20 years," the NWS advisory reads.
Wind chills aside, the overnight low Monday into Tuesday is expected to dip to between -15 and -20.
"Strong west winds of 20 to 35 mph will continue to result in significant blowing and drifting snow through tonight, reducing visibilities and making many roads impassible," the advisory reads.
Due to the extreme cold Tuesday:
- District 86 has canceled school.
- District 181 has canceled school.
- St. Isaac Jogues in Hinsdale has canceled school.
- Village of Hinsdale Parks and Recreation has canceled all programs.
- Garbage pick-up in Clarendon Hills will be delayed one day.
Keep up to date on Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills news by signing up for our newsletter and liking us on Facebook.