If you haven't registered for tomorrow's Run the Ridge 5K and Kids' Walk, today's your last chance. Registration will close at 10 a.m. today for the race, which will benefit children with Autism Spectrum Disorders this year. The cost to register is $50.
This year, a world-champion junior black belt competitor and extreme martial artist will perform for race partipants. Dayna Huor has more than 20 North American Sport Karate Association world championship titles and has performed on NBC's America's Got Talent and the Ellen Degeneres Show.
"Dayna Huor will entertain the crowd with martial arts moves before and after the race to keep the energy levels high,” said Michelle Mugnolo, director of marketing at Right Fit Sport Fitness Wellness, which organizes the race.
The race will start and finish at County Line Square on the Parkway at 8 a.m. Here's a look at the schedule for tomorrow:
- 6:30 a.m. On-Site Race Registration
- 7:45 a.m. Pre-Race Warm-Up provided by Accelerated Rehabilitation
- 8:00 a.m. 5K Run/Walk Begins
- 8:30 a.m. Register for Kids Dash
- 9:00 a.m. Kids’ Dash 100 Yard Sprint (free of charge)
- 9:15 a.m. Dayna Huor – award winning martial artist
- 9:30 am. Awards Presentation
- 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Kids Corral, Family Fitness, and Family Entertainment
Race day festivities include a free Kids 100-yard dash, as well as activities for children and adults of all ages. The Kids’ Corral will feature a moon jump and balloon artist, and the Kids’ Fitness area will have games and activities that will be supervised by the .
Proceeds from the race will benefit Turning Pointe Autism Foundation in Naperville.
To make a donation or to register for the Right Fit- Burr Ridge 5K Run/Walk, visit www.active.com or call Michelle Mugnolo, Right Fit at 630.850.4050.