Darien 61 school board member Claudia Manley has withdrawn her petition for re-election in the April election.
According to District 61 official Mary Lang, Manley filed the papers with the district office. She has been a board members since 2009, and currently serves as the board representative for the Illinois Association of School Boards and the Legislative Education Network of DuPage County.
However, Manley remains on the ballot for the Hinsdale High School District 86 Board of Education race.
Earlier this year, Darien resident Jennifer Babbington withdrew her petition for the District 86 board and said she would instead support the trio of Victor Casini, Ed Corcoran and Manley in April.
There are four open seats in the District 86 race. Besides Casini, Corcoran and Manley, others who have filed include: Dennis Brennan of Hinsdale (incumbent), Deirdre “DeeDee” Gorgol of Willowbrook (incumbent), Kay Gallo of Clarendon Hills (incumbent), Roseanne Rosenthal of Hinsdale and Roger Kempa of Darien.
In the District 61 race there are three seats open, and after Manley's withdrawal there are three remaining candidates, all of whom are not incumbents: Melissa Christie, Iranell Spann and Katherine Fujiura.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on local news:
More 2013 election news:
- D86 Board Candidate Pulls Out of Race
- Election 2013: 6 Vying for 4 Maercker District 60 Board Seats
- 5 D181 Board Candidates Vying for 3 Seats
- 3 Clarendon Hills Trustee Candidates Unopposed in April Election
- Village President Tom Cauley Unopposed in 2013 Election
- Dianne Barrett Not Among 9 Running for D86 Board: Election 2013
- Election 2013: Board Member Lewensohn Among First 5 D181 Candidates to File
- Election 2013: 3 Candidates File For Burr Ridge Mayoral Race on 1st Day
- Election 2013: D86 Parent Who Opposed Sex-Heavy Movies Seeking School Board Seat