Name: Guy Franzese
Position sought: Burr Ridge Board of Trustees
Phone: (630) 789-0228
Address: 11740 Woodside Court, Burr Ridge, IL 60527
Family: Wife Wendy; daughter Rachel and son Michael.
Education: B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Utah; M.B.A., Lewis University.
Also to be noted, I graduated from Lyons Township High School and Pleasantdale Middle School, while growing up in Burr Ridge. Both schools serve Burr Ridge.
Occupation: Senior project engineer, Ambitech Engineering Corporation
Years in Burr Ridge: 35
Previous elected offices: Appointed to the Village of Burr Ridge Board of Trustees in January 2013 to fill the unexpired term of Robert Sodikoff, who is now acting village president.
Applicable experience qualifying you for the position:
- Village trustee, January 2013 to present
- Member of the Village of Burr Ridge Plan Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals, 1997 to 2013 (16 years)
- Vice chairman of the Village of Burr Ridge Plan Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals for two one-year terms, 2004 and 2012
- Homeowners Association president (Burr Oaks Glen South), 2003 to present
- Homeowners Association secretary (Burr Oaks Glen South), 1999 to 2003
What is the primary reason you are running for this office?
I am seeking election to the Village of Burr Ridge Board of Trustees because I have the knowledge, the experience, the dedication, and the commitment to the Village necessary to serve the residents in the capacity as Trustee. Having served the Village on the Plan Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals for the last 16 years, I have been involved in the careful, well planned and well thought out growth and development of the Village. It is my goal to assist with the continued growth of the Village while maintaining fiscal responsibility, transparent government, and continue to provide the high quality of services that the residents of the Village have come to expect.
What will be your single most important priority if you get elected?
I will work hard to maintain the high quality Village services the residents expect while managing fiscal responsibility through transparent government.
What sets you apart from the other candidates?
- I have served 16 years on the Village of Burr Ridge Plan Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals without a personal agenda. As a Plan Commission member, I was involved in the development of the Town Center, involved in the development of over 15 subdivisions, over 25 commercial buildings, over 50 annexations, over 80 variances, and over 100 public hearings. I was also involved in the crafting of the Village Comprehensive Plan and subsequent revisions, several comprehensive zoning updates, and the revised sign ordinance.
- My involvement in a Homeowners Association Board of Directors for 13 years, 10 years as President, has keep me in tune with the needs and desires of the residents of this Village.
- No other candidate has this level of experience serving the residents of the Village of Burr Ridge.
What is your favorite thing about Burr Ridge?
My favorite thing about Burr Ridge is its unique character. Our large wooded lots, homes with unique distinctive architecture, upscale residences, lush green areas, a vibrant Town Center, unique shops and restaurants, coupled with great neighbors and residents all combine to make Burr Ridge “a very special place.”
What is your least favorite thing about Burr Ridge?
My least favorite thing about Burr Ridge is that we do not have our own zip code. I will work to obtain our own zip code.
- Election 2013: Burr Ridge Board of Trustees
- Diane Bolos
- Kathryn Galainena
- Janet Ryan Grasso
- Steven C. Less