Darien resident Jennifer Babbington has withdrawn from this spring's District 86 Board of Education race.
The former candidate said in an emailed statement that she filed her withdrawal Thursday after she and her husband accepted an offer on their home.
"Short-term, we intend to re-locate within the district, but our longer-term situation is less certain," Babbington's statement reads. "In the totality of my personal circumstances, I believe it is more prudent not to make a commitment I may not be able to honor."
She said she's "very disappointed" about having to withdraw, and will support the trio of Victor Casini, Ed Corcoran and Claudia Manley in April.
Meredith Lannert, executive assistant to Superintendent Nick Wahl, confirmed Babbington's withdrawal.
In addition to Casini, Corcoran and Manley, Roger Kempa, Roseanne Rosenthal and incumbents Dennis Brennan, Kay Gallo and DeeDee Gorgol are competing for four open seats.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on local news:
More 2013 election news:
- Election 2013: 6 Vying for 4 Maercker District 60 Board Seats
- 5 D181 Board Candidates Vying for 3 Seats
- 3 Clarendon Hills Trustee Candidates Unopposed in April Election
- Village President Tom Cauley Unopposed in 2013 Election
- Dianne Barrett Not Among 9 Running for D86 Board: Election 2013
- Election 2013: Board Member Lewensohn Among First 5 D181 Candidates to File
- Election 2013: 3 Candidates File For Burr Ridge Mayoral Race on 1st Day
- Election 2013: D86 Parent Who Opposed Sex-Heavy Movies Seeking School Board Seat