DUI, Attempting to Flee Police
Roy L. Smith Jr., 21, of the first block of Spinning Wheel Road, Hinsdale, was charged with the following:
- DUI Alcohol
- DUI over .08
- Fleeing/Attempting to elude police
- Driving below the minimum speed
- Improper traffic lane usage
- Failure to signal
- Disregarding a traffic control light
- Use of unsafe tire
- Operating a motor vehicle without insurance
Smith was pulled over on I-55 northbound at Madison at 12:31 a.m. He was driving a black 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe, which was towed from the scene.
SUNDAY, AUG. 25
F-Bomb Comes in Blue
Someone wrote the words "F--- You" in blue chalk on a driveway on the 100 block of Foxborough Place. The incident occurred sometime between 5 p.m. and 5:25 p.m., according to a report. The resident did not know who did it or why. No damage was caused and the resident will wash down her driveway to get rid of it, police said.
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Burr Ridge news:
See past Burr Ridge police news:
- Accused Murderer May Have Posed as Lawyer, Written Asylum Letters for Churchgoers
- Division Chief Sues Tri-State Fire District
- Tri-State Fire District Officials' Raises Lead to 'Pension Windfall': BGA Report
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies, including the Burr Ridge Police Department. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor by emailing email@example.com. We will verify and report the outcome.