- Enjoy fun learning opportunities for all ages: planting and leaf rubbings with the Morton Arboretum, art activities with Go Green LaGrange, and interactive water conservation demonstrations with the University of Illinois Extension project.
- Clean out the junk piling up in your garage! Recycling galore! Bring clothes and even rags for Community Nurse Health Association to recycle. Bring unused bicycles for re-use by Working Bikes. Bring gently used shoes for re-distribution by Share Your Soles. Bring your old documents for shredding by Republic bank.
- Get delicious, free Caribou coffee and free snacks from Whole Foods. Enjoy delicious, healthy, organic treats from prasino LaGrange and Bread from the Heart. Win Brookfield Zoo and Morton Arboretum passes and Whole Foods gift baskets/cards.
- Visit with Chicago Zoological Society staff; view a protected species from Brookfield Zoo (and pet a snuggly one).
- Purchase a composter and a rain barrel, and learn green landscape tips from Dig Right In for the earth friendly yard of your dreams!
- Get efficient tips for remodeling and living more conscientiously with products from Blue Pearl Stone, Citizens Utility Board, Consign & Redesign, Renewal by Andersen, and Scentsy.
- Talk with Park District of La Grange and Village of La Grange Park staff to hear what’s being done to keep our neighborhoods safe from chemicals and pollution.
- Experience how Yoga mimics nature with Stardust Yoga.
- Trade your latest read for a new one with the Friends of La Grange Library book swap.
- And, if anyone's ever told you there's no such thing
as a free gallon of milk, they were WRONG! provided by Whole Foods
(organic, of course).
LIVING GREEN FEST is held in Cooperation with The 7th Annual ELECTRONICS
Saturday, May 19
Lyons Township High School, South Campus
Western Springs (Willow Springs Road, 1/2 mile south of 47th St.)
Electronics Drop-off from 9 am to 12 pm
Living Green Fest 9 am to 1 pm
Questions: Please contact Katherine at the West Suburban Chamber of Commerce and Industry Foundation: firstname.lastname@example.org, 708/387-7550.
The 2012 Living Green
Festival and Recycling Drive is supported by:
Vulcan Materials Company, SIMS Recycling, BB Chemical Process Company, Horizon Freight Systems, Sealed Air Corporation, Sams Club - Hodgkins, Infinity Signs and Graphics, Park District of Hodgkins, City of Countryside, Whole Foods Market - Hinsdale, Caribou Coffee, Brookfield Zoo, Morton Arboretum, Wiegand Design, Sharon Flaim.