1. Clarendon Hills Man Dies After Being Hit by BNSF Train in Hinsdale: Hinsdale Police Chief Brad Bloom said it appears the man intended to be struck; the train was carrying passengers and was passing through the West Hinsdale train station when it hit the man.
2. Another Pedestrian Dead After Being Hit by Train in Downers Grove: It was the third train-on-pedestrian fatality in the last two weeks on the stretch of BNSF railway between Hinsdale and Downers Grove.
3. : Three pedestrians have died after being struck by BNSF Metra trains. Most recently, a male pedestrian was hit by a train near downtown Downers Grove on Tuesday morning.
4. Election 2013: Burr Ridge Village President: Three candidates are running for Burr Ridge village president in spring 2013 election.
5. Burr Ridge Attorney/Host Recommended for Immediate Suspension: According to a filing from the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission, Kathleen Niew “presents a continuing danger to the public.”
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Burr Ridge news: