Start off the holidays with two events in Burr Ridge this weekend!
On Saturday the village hosts the 4th annual Jingle Mingle, which begins at 4:30 p.m. The event takes place at the Burr Ridge Village Center at the intersection of County Line Road and Burr Ridge Parkway.
Events at the Jingle Mingle include:
- Santa arrives by fire truck at the holiday tree
- Holiday tree lighting (6:15 p.m.)
- Complimentary horse-drawn carriage & train rides (4:30-6:30)
- Parade (including the Hinsdale South JV Cheerleaders and Gymnastics Team, Gower School Choir, Girl Scout Troop 51241 and Boy Scout Pack 156-Den 6)
- Pictures with Santa (6:30-7:30)
- Story Time at Barbara's Bookstore (6:30)
- Concessions (including a mobile cupcake truck and local favorite It Tastes Like Love artisan pies!)
- Children's activities throughout the evening (face painting, Santa's Workshop)
- Paint-an-ornament at Color Me Mine – a holiday tradition!
- Exclusive event-only offers, discounts and more throughout the center
- A chance to win a $500 Village Center Shopping Spree!
Pick up a Passport card when you arrive at the Jingle Mingle, then collect stamps from at least 10 participating stores. Drop off your completed card by 7:30 p.m. and get entered in a drawing for a $500 Burr Ridge Village Center Gift Card.
The fun continues on Sunday with Turkey Bingo and Barnyard Buffet. The event will be held from 5 – 6:30 p.m. at the Burr Ridge Community Center. First prize is a frozen turkey. Other prizes include candles, napkins and other holiday sundries.
The Buffet includes barnyard animal-shaped waffles, toppings, sausage and beverages. The fee is $25 for residents of Burr Ridge (family of 4 or less) and $30 for non-residents. Additional family members are $5 each.