Week in Review: '50 Capitols in 50 Days' Trip Planned, 8 Cars Stolen From
Patch looks back at five of the most read stories from the week of Aug. 27 to Aug. 31.
1. Man to Recite Gettysburg Address at 50 State Capitols in 50 Days: Mickey Straub, a Burr Ridge Abraham Lincoln enthusiast who wants to bring awareness to the 16th president's ideals, plans to recite the Gettysburg Address on the steps of every capitol building between Sept. 4 and Oct. 23.
2. Items Taken from 8 Vehicles in Burr Ridge: Police Blotter: Burr Ridge police reports, Aug. 22-28.
3. Burr Ridge Woman Sentenced to Prison for Accepting $96K in Bribes: Maryanne Koll will spend two-and-a-half years in federal prison for accepting bribes in exchange for arranging to provide bogus Illinois Department of Public Health certifications.
4. Hinsdale South 2-0, After Stinging York Dukes Friday Night: The Hornets won the non-conference home game 49-21.
5. D181 Board Turns Away Plan to Replace Desktop Computers with iPads: The lower cost of tablets would have meant more units could have been purchased and the device-to-student ratio would have been lower, the district's technology director said.
Sign up for Burr Ridge Patch's free email newsletter to get all the town's top headlines right in your inbox. Then like us on Facebook!