Villa Taj Mansion Sold for $3.1 Million, Repeat Burglary Offender Charged: Week in Review
Look back at five of the most read stories from the week of Jan. 7 to Jan. 11.
1. Villa Taj Mansion in Burr Ridge Finally Sold for $3.1 Million: The 30,000-square-foot home near the intersection of Plainfield and County Line roads was sold to a bank trust for a lot less than the original $25 million asking price, the Chicago Tribune reports.
2. Man Charged With 2nd Burr Ridge Burglary Since October: Kenneth N. Jackson, of Oak Lawn, was charged with two counts of residential burglary Wednesday after he was charged for a separate burglary last October.
3. 5 Candidates Vying for 4 Seats on Gower 62 School Board: Three of the five, including Board President Ryan Asmus, are sitting board members seeking re-election to the Gower School District 62 Board of Education in April.
4. Brookhaven Employee Steals Sandwich, Then Fired: Police Blotter: Burr Ridge police reports, Jan. 3-7.
5. $2.4 Million for Burr Ridge Home with 6 Beds, Theater: House Hunt: Patch has a look at some of the homes included among AOL Real Estate's Burr Ridge and listings.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on local news:
- Sign up for the daily Burr Ridge newsletter.
- Like Burr Ridge Patch on Facebook.