State's Attorney Impersonator, 2 Catalytic Converter Thefts: Police
Burr Ridge police reports, March 5-6.
Wednesday, March 6
Two catalytic converter thefts
A catalytic converter was reported missing around 11:02 p.m. from a 2001 Chevrolet van parked in the 7700 block of Grant Street, Burr Ridge police said. A little more than an hour later, another catalytic converter was reported missing from a 2009 Chevrolet van parked on the same block. Both incidents are under investigation.
Credit card fraud
Someone tried opening a credit card in the name of a resident in the 300 block of Devon Drive, police said. A credit bureau notified the resident of the incident. He didn’t suffer any monetary loss.
Fake State’s Attorney call
Someone posing as a State’s Attorney in California called an employee in the 8300 block of South Madison and demanded payment for paperwork processing. The employee realized it was a scam and didn’t suffer any loss.
Suspended drivers license
Christian Stutz, 25, of the 2500 block of South Waterbury Drive, was arrested around 5:20 p.m. near the intersection of Plainfield and Kingswood, police said. He was charged with driving with a suspended license.
Credit card fraud
Someone made purchases totaling more than $200 using a credit card that belonged to a resident in the 300 block of Countryside Court, police said. The case is under investigation.
Tuesday, March 5
Attempted identity theft warrant arrest
Illinois State Police arrested Melanie Holmes, 39, of the 5000 block of West Quincy Street in Chicago, around 2:03 a.m. on a 2010 Burr Ridge warrant for attempted identity theft.
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Burr Ridge news:
See past Burr Ridge blotters:
- Willowbrook Man Among 3 Charged With Robbing Juvenile
- Fight Allegations at Five Seasons Club, 2 DUIs: Police Blotter
- IRS Impersonators Call 2 Burr Ridge residents
- Identity Theft Leads to $750 Lingerie Purchase: Police Blotter
- Man Fakes Armed Robbery Call to Get Gas Faster: Police
- $350 eBay Fraud, Car Burglary on Madison: Burr Ridge Police Blotter
- Elderly Residents Targeted in 2 Ruse Burglaries
- One of 23 Guns Stolen During Burglary Found in Burr Ridge Home: Police
- Underage Party Busted, Restaurant Employee Fights Coworker: Police Blotter