Shipping Scam Claims $1,000 Piece of Furniture: Police Blotter
Burr Ridge police reports,
Monday, March 4
Theodric Caldwell, 25, of the 300 block of Elwood Court in Westmont, was arrested around 3:45 a.m. in the 7700 block of South County Line Road, police said. DuPage County sheriff’s officers arrested Caldwell on a 2012 Burr Ridge warrant for possession of a controlled substance.
A piece of furniture never arrived at its destination in California after a resident in the 11000 block of Woodside Court secured a Skokie shipping company to transport it, police said. The resident paid a $200 deposit to ship the furniture, which was valued at $1,000.
Sunday, March 3
Cedrick Moon, 43, of the 1200 block of West 112th Street in Chicago, was arrested around 1:10 a.m. in the 00W600 block of South Frontage Road, police said. Officers arrested him on a Darien Police Department warrant after they were called to the address for a report of two people arguing in the parking lot.
Saturday, March 2
No valid license
Antonio Emeterio-Bernabe, 39, of the 3000 block of South Kedvale Avenue in Chicago, was arrested around 9:56 a.m. near the intersection of County Line Road and Veterans Boulevard, police said. He was charged with driving without a valid license and cited for failure to signal and operating an uninsured motor vehicle.
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Burr Ridge news:
See past Burr Ridge blotters:
- State's Attorney Impersonator, 2 Catalytic Converter Thefts: Police
- Willowbrook Man Among 3 Charged With Robbing Juvenile
- Fight Allegations at Five Seasons Club, 2 DUIs: Police Blotter
- IRS Impersonators Call 2 Burr Ridge residents
- Identity Theft Leads to $750 Lingerie Purchase: Police Blotter
- Man Fakes Armed Robbery Call to Get Gas Faster: Police
- $350 eBay Fraud, Car Burglary on Madison: Burr Ridge Police Blotter
- Elderly Residents Targeted in 2 Ruse Burglaries
- One of 23 Guns Stolen During Burglary Found in Burr Ridge Home: Police