Resident Opening Third Restaurant, Hinsdale South Dad Upset About Racy Movies: Week in Review
Patch looks back at five of the most-read stories from the week of Sept. 10 to Sept. 14.
1. Burr Ridge Resident to Open Third Hinsdale Restaurant Nov. 1: Cine Modern Tacqueria will be the third eatery opened by Peter Burdi in downtown Hinsdale; he also owns Il Poggiolo and Nabuki right across the street.
2. 'Highly Controversial' Movies Being Shown in Class Have D86 Parent Concerned: Members of the the District 86 School Board said they'd support a discussion on their role in approving movies after a Hinsdale South dad voiced concern over the use of "American Beauty" and "Brokeback Mountain" in a Film as Literature class.
3. Mickey Straub Says '50 Capitols' Trip Different than He Expected: Patch talked with Mickey Straub on the phone this week in between capitol visits down south and the Burr Ridge traveler said the trip has not been quite what he anticipated.
4. Burr Ridge Senate Candidate Barbara Bellar's YouTube Video Tops 1 Million Views: The video is called "Obamacare Summed Up in One Sentence" and it comes from a speech of Bellar's at a Women For Romney event on Aug. 21.
5. 8,000-Square-Foot Home Priced at $1.99 Million Newly Listed: House Hunt: Patch has a look at the pricier listings new to the Burr Ridge market, courtesy of AOL Real Estate.