Morning Briefing: Freeze Warning Tonight, Judge Rules Against Reducing Gilbert Sentencing
A roundup of this morning's news to start your day.
1. The Burr Ridge Park District Wetlands Flashlight Egg Hunt for children 10 to 14 is tonight. People are meeting in the Burr Ridge Community Center lobby at 7. Don't forget to contact the park district to pre-register. For the younger kids (5 - 9,) there will be egg decorating inside the Community Center.
2. A judge has ruled against the request of convicted murderer John Gilbert to have his sentenced reduced on grounds of mental illness. Read why the judge denied the request here.
3. The family of murdered teen Kelli O'Laughlin released a statement to the public this week, a week in which the Lyons Township freshman would have celebrated her 15th birthday.
4. Another sunny day is expected, according to the National Weather Service, with wind gusts that could get up to 25 mph. Tonight temps will be around 34 degrees. Temps are expected to fall as the night goes on, however, and the night goes the NWS has issued a freeze warning from late Thursday night to early Friday morning.
5. Six home games going on tonight:
- At 4:30 p.m. the Girls JV Badminton team will be facing off against the JV quad in the fieldhouse
- Also at 4:30 the Boys Varsity Baseball team has a game against Proviso West in the Northeast baseball field.
- At 5 p.m. the Boys JV Volleyball team serves up against Stagg High School in the main gym.
- Also at 5, the Girls JV Water Polo team will dive in against Oak Park-River Forest in the pool.
- At 6 p.m. the Boys Varsity Volleyball team will take on Stagg High School in the main gym.
- Also at 6, the Girls Varsity Water Polo team will compete against Oak Park-River Forest in the pool.