Car Broken-Into, Diaper Bag Stolen: Police Blotter
Burr Ridge police reports, Jan. 16-22.
Editor's note: The ticket scalping charge against Rami Wahood was dismissed in DuPage County court on April 1, according to the DuPage County State's Attorney's Office. This article has been modified to reflect this development.
SATURDAY, JAN. 19
Car Break-in Reported
A complainant reported at 7:59 a.m. that the passenger window of her car parked in the 16W100 block of 83rd Street had been broken and a diaper bag taken from it, police said. Police didn't provide suspect information.
FRIDAY, JAN. 18
Scalping Charge Dropped
The misdemeanor scalping charge against Rami Wahood, 25, of the 100 block of Circle Ridge, Burr Ridge, was dismissed on April 1, according to the DuPage County State's Attorney's Office.
The original charge was filed after police said Wahood attempted to sell two tickets to a Feb. 20 Swedish House Mafia concert at United Center to an undercover officer for more than face value.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Burr Ridge news:
- Pot Possession, Suspended License Charges: Police Blotter
- Cicero Man Charged with Attempted Identity Theft: Police Blotter
- Brookhaven Employee Steals Sandwich, Then Fired: Police Blotter
- Burr Ridge Home Egged, Xmas Decorations Damaged: Police Blotter
- 2 DUIs, Slew of Suspended License Charges: Police Blotter
- Stolen Car Found with 3 People Inside: Police Blotter
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies, including the Burr Ridge Police Department. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor by emailing email@example.com. We will verify and report the outcome.