Longtime Burr Ridge Park District Commissioners to Run Unopposed
Timothy Fara and Kevin Caplis are the only Burr Ridge residents seeking two open seats on the Burr Ridge Park District Board of Commissioners in this spring's election.
Longtime Burr Ridge Park District commissioners Kevin Caplis and Timothy Fara will be unopposed in this spring's Burr Ridge Park District Board of Commissioners election, according to park district administration.
The current terms of the two commissioners expire after the April 9 election, and no other residents decided to seek one of the two open seats during the filing period between Dec. 19 and Dec. 26.
Caplis has served on the board since 1988. Fara has been a commissioner since 1995.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on local news:
More 2013 election news:
- 5 D181 Board Candidates Vying for 3 Seats
- Dianne Barrett Not Among 9 Running for D86 Board: Election 2013
- Election 2013: 3 to Run for Burr Ridge Mayor, 5 for Village Board
- Election 2013: Board Member Lewensohn Among First 5 D181 Candidates to File
- Election 2013: 3 Candidates File For Burr Ridge Mayoral Race on 1st Day
- Election 2013: D86 Parent Who Opposed Sex-Heavy Movies Seeking School Board Seat
- State Extends Local Elections Filing Deadline to 5 p.m. Dec. 26
- Burr Ridge Trustees Grela, Wott Won't Seek Re-Election in 2013
- Trustee Bob Sodikoff to Run Against Gary Grasso for Burr Ridge Mayor
- D181 Election: Three Up For Re-election Either Not Running, Not Sure
- Election 2013: Hinsdale Caucus Set to Finalize Village, D181 Slates