Brian Owens scored 17 points, Matt Rafferty scored 15, and the Hinsdale Central Red Devils clinched their first West Suburban Silver boys basketball title since 2000 with a 54-39 win over York Tuesday, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.
The Red Devils advanced their conference record to 10-1 with the win, Sun-Times reports, two games better than the second-place Dukes' 8-3 mark. Next up will be a crossover game with the West Suburban Gold champ on Feb. 20.
Overall, Hinsdale Central is 17-5 and has won 11 straight, according to the Sun-Times.
The winning streak and conference title will no doubt bode well for the Red Devils come 4A playoff-seeding time.
According to the IHSA website, regionals begin later this month.
Highlights from Tuesday night's game can be seen above, courtesy of Hinsdale 60521 Magazine.
See More on Patch
- Hinsdale South Pitcher Goes Distance in Win Over Central
- LT Baseball Tops Hinsdale Central on Walk-off Hit (Photos)
- Red Devils, Hornets Boys Basketball Remain Positive About Seasons
- Hinsdale Central Hoops: Season Ends With Playoff Loss to Geneva
- Boys Swimming: Hinsdale Central Finishes 2nd at State Meet