Darien Man Charged With Murder, Burr Ridge Housing Market Shows Growth: Week in Review
Patch looks back at five of the most read stories from the week of Nov. 19 to Nov. 23.
1. Officials: Darien Man Charged with Murder, Kidnapping: A Darien man was charged with first degree murder and aggravated kidnapping following the murder, which the State's Attorney's Office said took place on Friday in Darien.
2. Burr Ridge Housing Market Shows Growth: October Home Sales: Nearly three times as many homes were sold in October 2012 than were sold in October 2011, according to the Mainstreet Organization of Realtors, though the median price of the homes sold fell.
3. Former Forest Preserve Contractor Pleads Not Guilty in Theft Scheme: Arif Mahmood, a former contractor charged with stealing more than $10,000 from the DuPage County Forest Preserve District, pleads not guilty to 37 felony counts including theft, accepting kickbacks and official misconduct.
4. $3 Million Home With Seven Bedrooms on Market: House Hunt: Patch has a look at the pricier listings new to the Burr Ridge and Willowbrook markets, courtesy of AOL Real Estate.
5. Man Charged With Theft from Life Time Fitness Locker: Police Blotter: Burr Ridge police reports, Nov. 14-19.