Gary Grasso Resigns as Burr Ridge Mayor, D86 Board Members Talk Re-Election: Week in Review
Patch looks back at five of the most-read stories from the week of Dec. 10 to Dec. 14.
1. Acting Mayor Sodikoff Likely To Step Down As Trustee: The Burr Ridge Village Board unanimously appointed the veteran trustee to serve the remainder of resigning Mayor Gary Grasso’s term.
2. Three District 86 Board Members Confirm Plans to Run Again: Board President Dennis Brennan and board members Kay Gallo and DeeDee Gorgol say they will seek re-election in April; Dianne Barrett undecided
3. Resident Objections to Tax Levy Increase Fail to Sway District 86 Board: The $75 million request represents more than a 4 percent increase over the current levy
4. Newtown School Shooting: How to Talk To Your Kids About It: District 181 communications director Bridget McGuiggan sent a tip sheet from the National Association of School Psychologists that addresses how best to address high-profile acts of violence.
5. Census: Burr Ridge Bests State Rates on Income, Home Ownership, Employment: Not surprisingly, Burr Ridge compares very well to state averages according to the latest U.S. Census numbers released last week.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Burr Ridge news: