Election 2013: Board Member Lewensohn Among First 5 D181 Candidates to File
Three caucus-endorsed candidates and two non-caucus-endorsed candidates filed papers with District 181 on Monday to run for the three open seats on the school board in the spring.
It appears Sarah Lewensohn will be the only incumbent candidate in next spring's election District 181 Board of Education election after the current board member filed her papers to run Monday along with four other candidates, District 181 communications director Bridget McGuiggan said.
Filing Monday, the first day candidates could do so for the April 9 election, were the three candidates endorsed by the Hinsdale Village Caucus: Gary Clarin, Mridu Garg and Jill S. Vorobiev.
Richard Fitzgerald and Lewensohn were filers who did not receive the backing of the caucus.
Three seats on the District 181 board are up for grabs in April. The terms of Lewensohn, Yvonne Mayer and Russell Rhoads are all expiring. Rhoads and Mayer have said they will not be seeking re-election.
Residents interested in running for any local elected position have until Dec. 26 to file with the government body they wish to serve on.
- Election 2013: 3 Candidates File For Burr Ridge Mayoral Race on 1st Day
- Election 2013: D86 Parent Who Opposed Sex-Heavy Movies Seeking School Board Seat
- State Extends Local Elections Filing Deadline to 5 p.m. Dec. 26
- Burr Ridge Trustees Grela, Wott Won't Seek Re-Election in 2013
- Trustee Bob Sodikoff to Run Against Gary Grasso for Burr Ridge Mayor
- D181 Election: Three Up For Re-election Either Not Running, Not Sure
- Election 2013: Hinsdale Caucus Set to Finalize Village, D181 Slates