Election 2013: 3 Candidates File For Burr Ridge Mayoral Race on 1st Day
Among the three are acting mayor Bob Sodikoff and 50 Capitols in 50 Days road-tripper Mickey Straub.
Weeks removed from his Abe-Lincoln-inspired 50 Capitols in 50 Days trek around the country, it appears Mickey Straub will have another tough task ahead of him: the race for Burr Ridge mayor.
Straub, whose successful road trip can be read about here, is among the three mayoral candidates who filed their paperwork with village clerk Karen Thomas Monday to be on the April 9 ballot. It was the first day they were able to do so.
Thomas said current acting mayor Bob Sodikoff and John Bittner are the other two who have filed.
Sodikoff, who has served as a village trustee for the last 14 years, took over as acting mayor earlier this month after Gary Grasso's resignation. Sodikoff announced plans to run for mayor in November.
Guy Franzese, Kathryn Galainena and Diane Bolos filed Monday to run for the three open trustee seats currently occupied by Sodikoff, Bob Grela and Maureen Wott, all of whom have said they will not be seeking re-election to those seats.
Thomas is up for re-election herself as village clerk, and was the only person to file papers for that position Monday.
Residents interested in running for any elected position in Burr Ridge have until Dec. 26 to file.
- Election 2013: D86 Parent Who Opposed Sex-Heavy Movies Seeking School Board Seat
- State Extends Local Elections Filing Deadline to 5 p.m. Dec. 26
- Burr Ridge Trustees Grela, Wott Won't Seek Re-Election in 2013
- Trustee Bob Sodikoff to Run Against Gary Grasso for Burr Ridge Mayor
- D181 Election: Three Up For Re-election Either Not Running, Not Sure
- Election 2013: Hinsdale Caucus Set to Finalize Village, D181 Slates
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Burr Ridge news: