D86 Board Member Wants Power to Approve Movies, AP Participation Down: Week in Review
Patch looks back five of the most read stories from the week of Oct. 1 to Oct. 5.
1. D86 Movie Controversy: Board Member Wants More Oversight: Richard Skoda said he wants to avoid future issues by having the board review course outlines in advance of classes getting underway.
2. Hinsdale South AP Participation Down Slightly With Class of 2012: Though the number of 2012 graduates who took an AP course in their high school career was down from 2011, the number of total tests taken by the class of 2012 was up.
3. Fraudulent PayPal Account Used for $500 in Charges: Burr Ridge police reports, Sept. 19 to Sept. 26.
4. Football: Hinsdale South 5-2 After Win Over Morton: The Hornets are closing in on playoff qualification with Downers South and Willowbrook on the schedule to end the season.
5. iPad Pilot Program in District 181 to Expand, Continue: With costs laid out and a new grant program in place to select suitable classrooms, the second phase of the @d181 Initiative will take place during the current 2012-13 school year.