It’s no surprise that household income in Burr Ridge is well above the state's average, but certain blocks in the community are far wealthier than others.
The website Rich Blocks, Poor Blocks breaks it all down. This online tool combines Google Maps with the most recent Census data to show income and rent prices in every neighborhood in the U.S.
According to the U.S. Census’ American Community Survey from 2007-2011, the richest people in Burr Ridge live in the blocks encompassed by 83rd Street on the north to the Des Plaines River on the south and from South County Line Road on the east to Madison Street on the west, plus a section of blocks in the southwest corner of the tract that juts out to Route 83. The median household income there is about $141,000. (The tracts include small portions of surrounding communities.)
Those values compare Illinois’ middle-class household income ranging between $48,000 and $59,000.
The poorest households in the area—relatively speaking—are north of that area. Those living between Plainfield Road, 83rd Street, County Line Road and Route 83 reportedly earn about $66,000 annually.
Local Editor Andy Ambrosius contributed to this report.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Burr Ridge Doctor Accused of Taking Kickbacks for Referrals
- Burr Ridge Doctor Charged With Fraud, Mickey Straub Sworn In: Week in Review
- 48 Busted for Underage Drinking, Bank Robbed in Willowbrook: Crime Catch-Up
- Toddler Bites Toddler, Repo Time: Police Blotter
- 'Serious Fire' Along Tri-State Backs Up Traffic: Mapquest