$100K Stolen From Business in Wire Scam: Police Blotter
Burr Ridge police reports, Feb. 6-12.
TUESDAY, FEB. 12
$100K in Wire Fraud
A business in the 100 block of Shore Court reported at 4:33 p.m. that more than $100,000 had been wired to someone posing as one of the business' vendors, police said. The case is currently under investigation.
SUNDAY, FEB. 10
Debit Card Stolen, Used
A Burr Ridge resident came into the Burr Ridge Police Department at 2:27 p.m. to report that the resident's debit card was stolen at a business in Downers Grove, police said.
The thief had used the card to make $300 in purchases. The case is under investigation.
SATURDAY, FEB. 9
Police said a complainant from the 6100 block of Sedgley Court reported at 1:59 p.m. receiving a scam letter in the mail. The complainant was referred by police to the postal inspector general's office. No money was lost or financial information compromised, police said.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Burr Ridge news:
See past Burr Ridge blotters:
- Items Stolen During Burr Ridge Burglary Found in Chicago: Police Blotter
- Warrant Arrest, Suspended License, No License: Police Blotter
- Fight at Sushi Joint, Car Burglar Caught in the Act: Police Blotter
- Arrest on Battery Warrant, 6 Charged with License Violations: Police Blotter
- Man Charged With Scalping Swedish House Mafia Tickets
- Pot Possession, Suspended License Charges
- Cicero Man Charged with Attempted Identity Theft
- Brookhaven Employee Steals Sandwich, Then Fired
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies, including the Burr Ridge Police Department. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor by emailing email@example.com. We will verify and report the outcome.