The following is a release from the Village of Burr Ridge:
Santa Claus is coming to town to kick-off the holiday season at the fifth annual Jingle Mingle on Saturday, Nov. 17, beginning at 4:30 p.m. Bring the family, meet your neighbors and friends, and get ready for festive fun at this much-loved annual event.
This festive event will be held in beautiful downtown Burr Ridge (Burr Ridge Village Center, 701 Village Center Drive, located near the intersection of Burr Ridge Parkway and County Line Road). Admission and parking are free.
Guests can enjoy a variety of free family-friendly activities while they anxiously await the arrival of Santa Claus and the Jingle Mingle Parade. The fifth annual Jingle Mingle parade will kick off at the east end of Village Center Drive at 6:00 p.m. It will travel the length of the Village Center, arriving for the tree lighting ceremony on the Village Green at approximately 6:15. This year’s parade features 100 local Girl Scouts who are marching in honor of the organizations 100 year anniversary. Santa, joined by his very special guests Mayor Gary Grasso, Lisa Sonnenberg, Mrs. Illinois America, Kristin Mlady, Miss Illinois American Teenager and Alexis Hauser, Miss Illinois Junior All American Teenager. Together, they will lead the crowd in a countdown to light the holiday tree. Immediately afterward, Santa will be available for photos in the community room next to Barbara’s Bookstore where guests can pay him a visit and have their photo taken by Specks
Photography ($5 for unframed photo, $10 for framed photo). Pictures will be available for pick-up at the event. Additional activities during the event include:
- Train rides on the Miracle Family Express trackless electric train. Line-up near Barbara’s Bookstore for complimentary rides on this eco-friendly custom made train, one of only two in the world. The train makes realistic train sounds, comes complete with a smoking train stack and will be available throughout the event;
- Complimentary horse-drawn carriage rides that depart from Starbucks every few minutes;
- Festive glow necklaces and Santa wands will be given away to the first 1,000 guests at participating retailers;
- Face painting, courtesy of Santa’s more artistic elves, inside Red 21;
- Story time inside Barbara’s Bookstore at 6:30 p.m.;
- Sweet treats, refreshments and concessions, including a local favorite, It Tastes Like Love artisan pies;
- Exclusive, event-only offers, discounts and more throughout the Village Center;
- A chance to win a $250 Village Center Shopping Spree; and
- Paint-an-ornament at Color Me Mine – a holiday tradition! (fee applies)
Pick up a passport card at the Information Tent near Wok N Fire restaurant when you arrive at the Jingle Mingle event. Collect 10 stamps from participating stores and return your completed passport to Barbara’s Bookstore by 7:30 p.m. to be entered in our drawing for a $250 Burr Ridge Village Center Gift Card! (See Passport card for rules and details).
This event is being organized by the Village’s Downtown Burr Ridge Events Planning Committee, a seven-member volunteer committee chaired by Burr Ridge Village Trustee Maureen Wott, with the cooperation of the Burr Ridge Village Center and Burr Ridge Park District. Committee members include Lavonne Campbell, Suzanne Gray, Dehn Grunsten, Jane Hopson, Joan Ruzak and Gaye Wagner. For more information please call the Village Hall at (630) 654-8181 or email Lisa Scheiner, staff liaison to the Events Committee or visit us on the web at www.burr-ridge.gov.