Burglary Suspect Has Long History, Costly Garage Fire: Week in Review
Patch looks back at the most read stories from the week of Jan. 14 to Jan. 18.
1. Burglary Suspect, Elderly Uncle Once Worked as Cat Burglar Team: Kenneth Jackson, who's been charged with two Burr Ridge burglaries in the last year, and his uncle were suspected in 19 North Shore burglaries that took place during the two years prior to the pair's arrest in 2009.
2. Hinsdale Garage Fire Does $70,000 in Damage: The cause of the fire, which took place in southeast Hinsdale, is unknown at this point, a fire department release said.
3. D181 Board Gets Post-Newtown School Safety Recommendations: The district's safety committee, made up of administrators and local public safety officials, said the schools' buzz-in systems should be upgraded and visitor background checks should be performed, but did not support armed security in the schools.
4. 2 Middle-Schoolers Charged with Pot Possession: Police Blotter: Hinsdale police reports, Jan. 8-14.
5. Jewelry Stolen During Saturday Afternoon Burglary: The Hinsdale Police Department said the burglary took place in the 300 block of South County Line Road.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Burr Ridge news: