50 Capitols in 50 Days: 7 Down, 43 to Go for Burr Ridge's Mickey Straub
Patch updates you on the cross-country travels of Abraham Lincoln enthusiast and potentially legendary road-tripper Mickey Straub.
Burr Ridge resident Mickey Straub's 50 Capitols in 50 Days trip is three days and seven capitols old. Here are a few highlights found on the 50 Capitols and 50 Days Facebook page from Days 2 and 3 (Day 1 highlights here):
- Mickey posed with Honest Abe himself at the state capitol in Montpelier, Vt. (The one I never remembered in my grade school days.)
- He posted a few pictures of some folks he's meeting along his journey.
- A busy Day 3 (Thursday) was outlined. Mickey began in Concord, N.H., traveled to Boston, and finished in Providence.
- A video was posted that lays out the rationale behind Mickey's trip. (In case you haven't been following.)
No new media reports featuring Straub have been posted since Day 1, but Huffington Post on Wednesday picked up Burr Ridge Patch's original story about the trip.
You might also be interested in reading:
- 50 Capitols in 50 Days: First Day of Mickey Straub's Trip in Books
- Mayor Gary Grasso Helps Send Off '50 Capitols in 50 Days' Traveler Mickey Straub
- Man to Recite Gettysburg Address at 50 State Capitols in 50 Days
Sign up for Burr Ridge Patch's free email newsletter and like us on Facebook to keep up with Mickey Straub as he travels across the country.