2 Charged With Heroin, Update on O'Laughlin Murder Case: Week in Review
Patch looks back at the most read stories of the week of Jan. 28-Feb. 1.
1. 2 Women Charged With Heroin Possession in Burr Ridge: The women were charged with the Class 4 felony on Jan. 22 after police stopped a car they were passengers in.
2. Accused O’Laughlin Killer Will Represent Self in Court: John L. Wilson, who is charged with the 2011 child murder in Indian Head Park, has been granted a motion of pro se with only stand-by counsel.
3. $1.7 Million in D86 Summer Projects Approved, But Not Unanimously: The District 86 Board of Education voted 5-2 to approve the summer projects, which include renovations to the Hinsdale South girls locker room and a new paint job for both high schools' lockers.
4. Villa Taj Mansion Sells, Cat Burglar Charged in Burr Ridge Again: Top January Stories: Other stories that were among our most read for January detailed heroin charges for two women, a profile of Vintage Confections in Clarendon Hills, and a police blotter that included a Brookhaven employee stealing a sandwich.
5. End of D181's Pullout ACE Program Proposed for Elementary Schools: Increased standards in math and English language arts, paired with increased application of ACE principles district-wide would eliminate the need for an exclusive program, the district's Advanced Learning Task Force said Monday.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on local news:
- Sign up for the daily Burr Ridge newsletter.
- Like Burr Ridge Patch on Facebook.